Identify key tools in Canvas to support student success
*Part-time faculty can only attend with the permission of their department.
1. Add a welcome module
2. Provide a student survey the first week
3. Put important info (pronouns,nicknames, accommodations in the notes column)
4. Share and organize resources for each week/module
5. Chunk info for your students in the modules or on a page
6. Use the “message students who” function in the gradebook
7. Create a weekly “Feedback Exchange” survey to ask students
a. How helpful are resources?
b. How helpful are assignments?
c. What do you need to be successful?
d. Great way to encourage students to reach out!
8. Use analytics to see who is engaging with your course and who isn’t
9. Use audio or audio/video comments in the gradebook to humanize your feedback