International Student Career Certification Program | Spring 2019
Designed specifically for international students, this program addresses the unique needs of students with different cultures and experiences than traditional non-international students. Together, this cohort of international students will explore key professional competencies and skills, tackle the challenges and sensitive questions that arise for international students during their careers, and ultimately prepare for a successful transition to the workplace.
This 4-session program includes experiential exercises and several opportunities to participate in career-oriented activities and events. At the end of the program, students will become Chapman University Certified Career Students and will be invited to attend the Certified Student and Employer Mixer, where they will apply program learnings with industry professionals.
*Invite your friends! This event has a minimum requirement of 15 students. If at least 15 students have not RSVP'd to the program by Friday, February 8, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. the Spring program will be canceled*
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
• Create a professional resume and cover letter appropriate for the job description and for different markets
• Facilitate informational interviewing, and learn to network successfully
• Identify and describe personal strengths, talents and skills to succeed in interviewing
• Develop connections with peers who are also in the process of pursuing career goals
• Develop social branding tools and apply them to student engagement opportunities
• Formulate a working plan to integrate individual talents/skills with academic and career interest
Monday, February 11, 2019 | 4 - 5:15 | AF209BC
February 25, 2019 | 4 - 5:15 | AF209BC
March 11, 2019 | 4 - 5:15 | AF209BC
April 1, 2019 | 4 - 5:15 | AF209BC
THE FINE PRINT
For undergraduate and graduate international students only. Please note that this is a 4-session course and plan accordingly. Only those students that fully complete the program will receive a certificate of completion and access to exclusive networking opportunities. Please RSVP formally.
BECOMING A CERTIFIED CAREER STUDENT
Students that successfully complete Certified Career Student requirements within a single semester earn the title of “Chapman University Certified Career Student,” and are honored with:
• Certificate of completion
• Certified Career Student graduation chords regalia
• Access to exclusive networking events with top employers, including Certified Student & Employer Mixers