Entertainment & Sports Symposium
Keynote Luncheon by Rob Pelinka, General Manager of the Los Angeles Lakers
Welcome (10 a.m.)
Panel 1: New Frontier: Successful Integration of Virtual Reality in the
Industry (10:15 - 11:45 a.m.)
Moderator Professor Kathy Heller, Fowler School of Law
- Dr. Michael Casale, Chief Science Officer, STRIVR
- Kristy Gale, Founder and CEO, Hypergolic LLC
- Andrew Hale, Senior Counsel, NextVR
- Jonathan Lowe, Senior Vice President of Business Development and Brand Strategy, AEG Sports
- Rob Zuer, Vice President of Ticket Sales and Service, Denver Nuggets
Keynote Luncheon (12-1:15 p.m.)
- Rob Pelinka, General Manager of the Los Angeles Lakers
Panel 2: Representing the Professional Athlete (1:30-3 p.m.)
Moderator: Alicia Jessop, Esq.
- Derek Anderson, NCAA Men's Basketball National Champion and Retired NBA Champion
- Gregory Camarillo, Retired NFL Wide Receiver and Coordinator of Student-Athlete Development at USD
- Festus Ezeli, NBA Champion
- Jermaine Grace, Linebacker, Indianapolis Colts
- Adam Kennedy, Retired MLB World Series Champion
- Geoff Schwartz, Retired NFL Offensive Guard
Panel 3: Student-Athlete Welfare 2.0: What's Next in Protecting NCAA Athletes? (3:15 - 4:45 p.m.)
Moderator: Dean Matt Parlow, Fowler School of Law
- Ramogi Huma, Executive Director, National College Players Association
- Melissa Maxman, Partner, Cohen & Gresser LLP
- Ed O'Bannon, NCAA Men's Basketball National Champion and retired NBA player
- Amy P. Perko, CEO, Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics
- Jason Setchen, Sport Attorney, Jason A. Setchen, P.A.
Book signing by Ed O’Bannon and reception to follow
General admission: $20
Chapman alumni and students from other universities may contact LawEvents@Chapman.edu for discounted tickets.
Chapman students receive complementary admission.
Chapman University is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider and certifies that this activity has been approved for MCLE credit in the amount of 3 units of general MCLE credit (see more information below).
Breakfast and lunch provided during the first panel and keynote. A reception will follow the last panel.