Community Exercise Program (CEP)
hosted by the Department of Physical Therapy
Community exercise program (CEP) is a 1-hour once a week exercise class every Friday for 10-12 weeks. The purpose is to assist our community members affected by balance, coordination, neurological issues and other issues to improve their overall wellness from supervised exercise. Come work with our physical therapy students and instructors as we focus on various weekly themes such as posture, cardio, core strengthening, gait training, upper extremity and more to help your rehabilitation journey. Participants would commit to the entire 10-12 week wellness program.
Where: Chapman University's Rinker Health Science Campus in Irvine, CA
When: Every Friday starting May 19 to August 4, 2023
There are two different class session times available:
Class A – 10:15am-11:30pm
Class B – 12:45pm-2:00pm
*please note your preference for class times in your message
For on campus participation:
1. Must be at least age 18.
2. Participants should have adequate transportation to and from campus
3. Must be able to communicate basic needs and be independent with restroom. If assistance is needed, a caregiver may need to be present during the session.
4. Able to wear a mask while exercising.
To register or join the waiting list for future CEP:
1. Email or call Jessica Hua, Clinical Education Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org/ 714-744-7684.
2. A 30 minute phone screening will occur.
3. If deemed appropriate for the program, you will be notified if added to the waitlist.
You can contact the event organizer, Jessica Hua at email@example.com or (714) 744-7684.Edit contact information