Fall 2017 Internship Registration Petitioning Deadline
Last chance to accrue academic credit for real-world experience
This is the deadline to petition for Fall 2017 internship academic credit. Learn more and register at www.chapman.edu/internships
If you are seeking to receive academic credit for an internship for the current semester and have missed the deadline in order to do so, you will need to register your internship online (as outlined in the Internship Registration and Credits section above) and complete a Petition Packet, which includes:
- Completed Undergraduate Petition Form or Graduate Petition Form (with a required signature from your Faculty Internship Advisor).
- Completed Internship Site Approval Form (signed by your Internship Site Supervisor).
- Personal statement of reason for petition (1 page maximum).
- Receipt for $20 petition fee paid at the Cashier’s Office. (Graduate students do not need to pay the $20 petition fee.)
- (Optional) You may also submit any other information supporting your personal statement of reason for petition (i.e. a doctor's note, a performance review from your internship site, etc.).
Once you have completed the Petition Packet, you will submit it to Career and Professional Development (at the attention of the Internship Coordinator). The Internship Coordinator will sign your Petition Packet and submit it to the Office of the Registrar to ensure that it will be reviewed by the Standards Committee. Please note that the Standards Committee meets once a week to consider petitions.
Once your petition is submitted, it will usually take 7–10 business days to receive a response, unless your Petition Packet is received just before a holiday break.
If you are petitioning to add a retroactive internship (meaning an internship that was completed during a prior semester), please be aware that it is the policy of Chapman University to not approve retroactive credit. You must present a compelling, extenuating circumstance for the Standards Committee to be convinced an exception should be made. Also, if this retroactive credit would have resulted in a credit overload for the term in which it was completed, you will be assessed tuition at the overload rate. If overload tuition is acceptable to you, please indicate this in your personal statement.