Stroke Boot Camp Summer 2022
Crean College of Health and Behavioral Sciences
Department of Physical Therapy at Crean College
Master of Arts in Marriage & Family Therapy (MFT) at Crean College
Physician Assistant Program at Crean College
School of Pharmacy
Stroke Boot Camp is a 2-week (Monday through Thursday) intensive camp catered to rehabilitation for stroke survivors in the community. We incorporate physical therapy exercises and fun activities (yoga, music therapy, dance) to improve wellness and function. Participants and caregivers will work with interdisciplinary teams of Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Speech Therapy, Pharmacy, and Marriage & Family Therapy students and licensed instructors to provide a holistic approach to wellness intervention. Many of our participants enjoy both the comradery and working with our faculty, students, and staff.
- At least 6-months post stroke.
- Must be vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19.
- Medical clearance and approval from the doctor.
- Provide own lunch and transportation daily and be able to commit to all days of camp.
- Able to communicate basic needs.
- Be able to tolerate about 6 hours of activity per day.
- Able to go to the restroom independently or have a caregiver present to help him while on campus.