Passport: International Student Career Preparation Certificate Program | Spring 2018
At Passport, students develop the tools necessary for earning an internship or job in the U.S. Upon completion of this program, students will be able to: create a professional resume and cover letter appropriate for the western job market; facilitate informational interviewing; network successfully; identify and describe personal strengths, talents and skills; develop connections with peers who are also in the process of pursuing career goals; develop and apply social branding tools; and formulate a plan to integrate individual talents and skills with academic and career interests.
Students that successfully complete the program requirements receive a certificate of completion and invitations to exclusive networking opportunities, including Chapman's Certified Student/Employer Mixer at the end of each Semester.
DATES (5 sessions plus various outside assignments for certificate eligibility) Sessions:
• Wednesday, February 14 | 4 - 5:15 p.m. | BK401 | session 1
• Wednesday, February 21 | 4 - 5:15 p.m. | BK201 | resume workshop, session 2
• Wednesday, March 7 | 4 - 5:15 p.m. | BK401 | session 3
• Wednesday, March 14 | 4 - 5:15 p.m. | BK201 | LinkedIn workshop, session 4
• Wednesday, March 28 | 4 - 5:15 p.m. | BK401 | session 5 Additional Assignment Dates (make-up assignments available if class or work conflicts, per instructor approval):
• Tuesday, March 6 | 3 - 6 p.m. | Sandhu Conference Center | Career Expo
• Wednesday, April 4 | 5:30 - 7 p.m. | BK404 | Mock Interviews
• Wednesday, April 11 | 7 - 8:15 p.m. | BK404 | Salary Negotiation
• Wednesday, April 18 | 7 - 8:15 p.m. | Memorial Hall | Leadership and the Big Picture, featuring past Starbucks president Howard Behar
• Wednesday, April 25 | 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. | BK404 | Certified Student and Employer Mixer and Certificate Ceremony
THE FINE PRINT
For undergraduate and graduate international students only. Please note that this is a multi-session course and plan accordingly. Only those students that fully complete the program will receive a certificate of completion and access to exclusive networking opportunities. Please RSVP formally.