Atlas: Career Exploration Certificate Program | Spring 2018
Designed with freshman, sophomores and students early in their career in mind, Atlas provides self-exploration opportunities to aid in the process of major and career exploration. Activities include panels and speakers, certified self-assessments, experiential exercises and opportunities to participate in career-related activities. Upon completion of this program, students will be able to identify and describe personal strengths, talents, skills, major(s) of interest and corresponding career visions.
Students that successfully complete the program requirements receive a certificate of completion and invitations to exclusive networking opportunities, including Chapman's Certified Student/Employer Mixer at the end of each Semester.
DATES (4 sessions plus various outside assignments for certificate eligibility)
• Tuesday, February 20 | 6 - 7:15 p.m. | Henley Hall, John Biggs Conference Room | session 1
• Tuesday, March 13 | 6 - 7:15 p.m. | Henley Hall, John Biggs Conference Room | session 2
• Tuesday, April 3 | 6 - 7:15 p.m. | Henley Hall, John Biggs Conference Room | session 3
• Tuesday, April 10 | 6 - 7:15 p.m. | Henley Hall, John Biggs Conference Room| session 4 Additional Assignment Dates (make-up assignments available if class or work conflicts, per instructor approval):
• Tuesday, February 27 | 5:30 -6:45 p.m. | BK201 | Resume Workshop
• Tuesday, March 6 | 3 - 6 p.m. | Sandhu Conference Center | Career Expo
• Tuesday, March 27 | 5:30 - 6:45 p.m. | BK201 | LinkedIn workshop, session 4
• Wednesday, April 4 | 5:30 - 7 p.m. | BK404 | Mock Interviews
• Wednesday, April 11 | 7 - 8:15 p.m. | BK404 | Salary Negotiation
• Wednesday, April 18 | 7 - 8:15 p.m. | Memorial Hall | Leadership and the Big Picture, featuring past Starbucks president Howard Behar
• Wednesday, April 25 | 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. | BK404 | Certified Student and Employer Mixer and Certificate Ceremony
THE FINE PRINT For undergraduate students only. Designed with freshman and sophomore students in mind. Please note that this is a multiple-session course and plan accordingly. Only those students that fully complete the program will receive a certificate of completion and access to exclusive networking opportunities. Please RSVP formally.